Thursday, January 6, 2011

Finally...'The Bachelor' with Brad Womack returns to ABC

I know this is a few days overdue...but I have been DYING to discuss the "new" Bachelor season!!  Before I begin, have ya'll noticed how much this show is turning into a soap opera?  I mean...watching this show has become the epitome of guilty pleasure. But I, like most women in America, can't wait for each season to begin.

Before the premiere even aired we knew this season would bring promising drama.  They brought back the most loathed Bachelor for crying out loud!  I personally don't have any qualms about Mr. Womack, and  I was actually quite impressed by his decision to dump both girls on his previous season.  At least he had the guts to trust his instincts, unlike the preceeding Bachelors and Bachelorettes.  I never understood why everyone was so surprised by his actions...did America forget that he IS a club owner? 

Naturally, the show opened with his lovely sob story to get us all on his side.  We may have even bought it all if he didn't pull the 'Daddy' card.  Come on Womack, that is the oldest line in the book!  We have all witnessed that you are smooth enough to come up with something better than that. 
Anyways, enough about him...the girls are what I really want to talk about...

Based on this season's selection, I can't decide if the joke is on us or Brad.  Maybe my expectations are simply too high.  Who knows...but please allow me to share my first gut reaction of each and every one of these young ladies.  As you read, keep in mind that these are my immediate thoughts when these girls pop out the limo or make their appearance on Monday night's episode.
  • Chantal: You need to have alot more going on than that if you think slapping a man is the way to his heart.  She gave life to the phrase "You can take the girl out the trailer park but you can't take the trailer park out of the girl".  Her appearance screams tacky bar girl to me.
  • Alli: Someone give her a comb and teach her how to tease that hair.  Eh, she won't make it past the second rose cermony
  • Ashley H: The Dentist: Now she's cute, spunky, and has it together.  But she just isn't Bachelor material.  You know they always go for the trashier, needier girls.
  • Ashley S: Oh, she's cute...theeeen she opened her mouth.  I know you need to leave your mark, but how about tone it down just a notch.  You could have stopped when you said "so I can flirt with you some more", so don't throw in that last butt fondle. 
  • Britnee: Don't summon a man (with your big, fake, acrylic nails) that you've never met.  And if you do, at least get a better hair style.
  • Crysti: Quit looking like your dog died every time the camera flashes on you
  • Emily: WOW!  She is absolutely beautiful and even takes my breath away.  She seems so level headed.  I would have rather seen her as a Bachelorette.  She will be America's Sweetheart.
  • Jackie: She looks like a white Sheree (from Real Housewives of Atlanta)!  And please don't ever sing again.
  • Keltie: Hot Damn...can your leg really stretch that high...she is getting a rose.  A rockette?  Even better!! I was loving everything about her until she giddily ran like a little school girl into the house.  Then she ran AGAIN after getting her rose.  I'm sure Brad regretted that as she merrily trotted away.
  • Kimberly: Major insecurities (noted by the darty eyes). She was planted in the show by ABC. She will be the one whispering everyone's secrets to all the girls. 
  • Lacey: I really thought she was wonderful and was shocked that he did not give her a rose.  I wonder what was missing.
  • Lauren: Were they serious with this girl?  I don't even remember seeing you get out of the limo, but oh we will remember you leaving.  How did she even make it through screening? 
  • Lindsay: Oooh...She has true beauty...and she is from Dallas...Plus!
  • Lisa M: Very cute, but seems too young.  She also needs to lay off the fake tanning.  She'll be gone second round.
  • Lisa P: Really?
  • Madison: WTF?  Twilight called - they want their vampire back.  She is only for ratings.  Vampire Teeth?  Over-the-top Seductive nature?  Did he really give her a rose?  I almost feel like she will make it to the finals. Why?  Because all he wants to do is sleep with her...just once.  Then she will be history.
  • Marissa: decent catch
  • Meghan: What is she thinking with those shoes?  Oh, a spot marker.  I can live with that.  But she should have tried something else because she is too tall and broad (not fat) to wear shoes that high.
  • Melissa: First impression I liked her.  Not positive that will last though.
  • Michelle: She is gorgeous and I loooove her dress!  Did you see the disappointment/shock on her face when she didn't receive the first rose?  She will be this year's whiner.
  • Rebecca: Who let Grandma on the show?  Did she seriously wear that for the first time meeting "the man of her dreams"?
  • Renee: Honey, he's just not that into you.  Somebody buy her that book.  If he left you twice, you should probably take a hint and not try, try again.  And BTW, those girls were making you go back for more so you would look like a fool.
  • Sarah L: Desperate to be married is written all over her.
  • Shawntel: Was she in the yellow dress?  So cute and girl next door.  Love her!
  • Stacey: Watch out for her...she will go for blood. 
  • Britt, J, Jill, Raichel, Sarah P:  Umm...I guess these girls are lacking the shock effect because I am finding it hard to remember them.
I don't mean for my opinions to be harsh, but we all know we have an intial judgement of each girl.  It is only to be expected when watching a show of this nature.  Maybe next season they will bring Vienna back!

TaTa for Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment