Wednesday, May 4, 2011

window shopping wednesday

So last week I pranced myself into work sporting a cute white Jackie-O jacket that I snagged from my mom's closet.  (We like to play dress up and swap clothes.  She gives me her stuff that is too narrow through the shoulders, I give her my stuff that is, well, too narrow.)   I made my usual path over to Meagan's desk to say good morning and check on baby bump.  While I was talking to her over the cubicle wall she kept giving me this funny look.  Finally she wheeled her chair around and bluntly asked, "what are you wearing?"  Oh, those pregnant women and their hormones.  I laughed and responded, "what? My mom gave it to me."  You would have thought she just solved a calculus formula by her oh-so-enlightening "Ooooh".  To which she followed up with, "yeah, you look like a mom."  Of course I told her that I liked that look but her only response was "I know you do." 

Apparently luck was on my side because before I had the chance to undo my wardrobe, newly wed Kate was photographed wearing the same jacket, but in black.  Of course I have plastered the picture all over Meagan's wall.  Just as I shall plaster it here.
photo courtesy of styleclone.com
Who's winning now, Meggers?  (She hates it when we call her that.)

Since this weekend is Mother's Day, I think it is fitting to pay tribute to those wonderful women in our lives.  I just so happened to come across to cutest little mom look in Target last Friday.  (I snuck in there after my hair appointment.  Yes, I did buy the cardigan and it is still riding around in my car waiting to be snuck in.)  This outfit with 2 blouse options and 2 shoe options would be perfect for your casual Sunday afternoon Mother's Day get together.

Clockwise: Anthropologie blouse, Target cardigan, Target top, J. CREW cropped pant, Forever21 gold leaf necklace, must have Bernardo sandal, Antonio Melani "Monte" wedge sandal at Dillards
For those who don't like mom looks, but still love an uber preppy look, here is another great option for an afternoon family get together.
Clockwise: vintage Tiffany & Co. earrings from ross-simons.com, eyelet top from Anthropologie, LaRoque shorts see shoplaroque.com, Lilly Pulitzer set in stone sandals, Lilly Pulitzer murfee scarf, Michael Kors "Daven" watch




I am barely getting this out by Wednesday, so there is no time for proofing.  Hope there aren't any drastic mistakes.  And, Happy Mother's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment