Monday, May 2, 2011

project weekend fantabulous

This weekend was nothing short of fantabulous.  It was so fantabulous that I must use a silly word like fantabulous to describe it.  We had a low key night Friday night with friends at The Bistro in Lexington, SC and then spent the rest of our weekend doing hobby work - just the two of us.  Well, John Eric had to work Saturday morning, but by the time I was awake he was home anyways, so I just pretend the work thing never happened.  Oh, I also managed to sneak in The Royal Wedding footage - you know I wasn't missing that.

I like to think that I am somewhat creative, not necessarily good at it, but creative none the less.  I enjoy having a project in my life at all times, which surprises me because I am no stranger to being lazy.  I also got lucky in the husband jack pot because John Eric enjoys a good project too.  It keeps us quiet and the bickering to a minimum, so that's probably the real reason he partakes in these silly tasks.

The projects at hand this weekend were thrift store revamps and getting John Eric familiar with a can of spray paint.  Lucky for me, he jumped on the paint bandwagon before I even had to start nagging.  I'm sure I nagged anyways.  Its one of the few things I'm good at.  Actually, John Eric seems to think I'm the gold medalist of nagging.  Anyways...I was so happy to wake up Saturday morning and find him painting the shutters and front door (like I asked for 2 months ago).  See...there went  a nag...in case you missed it.  So, I woke up as I was disrupted from my beauty sleep due to JE trying to accomplish this task, but that's not the point here.  The point is he got my shutters and front door painted in a beautiful, sleek black.  EEK!  It turned out awesome!  John Eric was overly ecstatic with the results as well.  I know this because he told me, and because I found 104 new pictures on my camera...all of the front door, front porch, and front of the home.  I guess he couldn't get his lighting right.


While John Eric and Brice teetered away with that, I made some mother's day gifts and recreated a pair of old junk chairs I found at our local Thrift Shop.  I'll have to show you the gifts later...obviously.  BUT...I can show you the chairs now.  Here is the before...viewer discretion advised.


Now for the after...after a warning...  Once I finished I also got a little excited with the camera and then a little excited with the macbook.  So...I made a slide show.  OK...2 slide shows.  UGH...I know!!  So annoying!  But it was fun...and I just couldn't help myself!

pink zebra harp back chair


white banana back chair



I hope ya'll enjoy and please don't judge my housekeeping.  I really was just trying to get some good angles and then started playing with the pictures and wasn't planning to fully publish them!  Oh well, wires are wires and stuff is stuff.  Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment