Friday, May 27, 2011

budget friendly finds reviewed

I kind of feel like doing some cosmetic reviews.  I am slightly obsessed with finding reviews on anything and everything before I buy it.  And I don't mean just a "like" or "dislike" review, I want the details and I want the details from real people, not the professionals who get paid to say they "just love it". 

Recently I think I have had some really good finds (and I'm uber excited about that by the way).  Nothing upsets me more than buying something, whether $5 or $40, and then finding it to be a total flop and disappointment.  Know what I mean?  Below are reviews on a few budget friendly items.

  1. Pond's Cold Cream: I can't believe I haven't listened to my mother sooner on this.  I just finished my first jar of it and I am obsessed and simply cannot live without it now.  It gets a lot of negative reviews for being too gloppy and greasy, and it is.  But that is what is good about it.  I use it as a make up remover and it will remove anything.  I also rinse it off with a wet washcloth which takes care of the gloppy greasiness - water alone doesn't really take this stuff off.  You don't have to be rough and scrub your skin to death to get off eyeliner and mascara - it just slips right off like silk and there is no make up left behind.  After using it a few nights in a row, my skin was really glowing and much more even.  Oh, and extremely soft and silky.  I have dry skin so I rub in a tiny dab on my chest before bed and leave it on until I shower in the morning.  It seems to make that skin area look healthier too.  It can be used as a cleanser alone, but I only do that if my skin is feeling dry or irritated.
  2. Rimmel Match Perfect Foundation (SPF 15): I would say this is a happy medium between tinted moisturizer and full on major coverage foundation.  I have been very satisfied with this foundation and very satisfied with the sale price of under $5.  This is the first liquid foundation I have actually loved and will actually buy again.  I haven't needed a true foundation up until this past year, so trying to find one has been discouraging at times.  Over the counter or behind the counter, they've all been too thick, cakey, greasy, yellow, pink, etc.  The Rimmel Match Perfect provides great coverage without masking your natural skin tones.  It seems to cover the unevenness while allowing your natural pink cheeks shine through.  Other foundations have made me look like a yellow brown blob of a face.  I've even been using this without concealer.  It truly does provide lightweight coverage that doesn't cake up, sink into wrinkles, rub off, and it matches my skin tone nicely.  Its is not greasy but surprisingly leaves skin feeling very soft.  I fully recommend.
  3. Clean & Clear Finishes Mattifying Moisturizer: I'd have to give this 2 stars at best.  I wouldn't exactly call it a moisturizer.  However, it does do work when it comes to the "mattifying" part.  This is a good product to use maybe once a week if you plan to be in a hot, humid environment and worry your make up may melt off.  It dries your face up real tight and keeps it oil free for most of the day.  But using it more than once a week really dries out the skin and makes wrinkles more obvious.  You can live without this one & spend your 7 dollars at Starbucks.
  4. Boots No 7 Time-Resist Night Cream and Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum: Boots No 7 skin care products have to be THE BEST KEPT SECRET.  These items are inexpensive for the quality of the product.  The night cream and serum have both lived up to their promises and have done amazing job on my skin.  It must be used every night (like any item of choice), but the results will show within a week.  It does help diminish fine lines and gives you a brighter skin tone.  The cream amount is generous and will go a long way.
If you are constantly looking for quality inexpensive items, I hope this post will help.  If you aren't, thanks for reading anyways.  I hope everyone has a happy and safe Memorial Day Weekend & God Bless our troops!

1 comment:

  1. Consumer Reports say there is no relation between price and the effect of cream as the skin is a living thing and responding differently so there is no such thing as a cream that is best for all. To find the best wrinkle cream or other skin products based on their skin type, read consumer wrinkle cream reviews before making any decision.

    ReplyDelete