Wednesday, May 11, 2011

window wednesday for mr. wonderful

For starters, if you haven't heard, my family likes to call John Eric Mr. Wonderful.  We also like to sing the song whenever anyone says "Mr. Wonderful".  Its just your typical on-going joke.  He is pretty wonderful though.  Don't worry, that is my one moment of sappiness.  You know me better than that.

This Window Shopping Wednesday will be dedicated to him and all his glory.  Why?  Because he has a birthday coming up...and it is quite the milestone.  The Big 3-0.  For some reason, when he shops he refuses to purchase any weekend wear.  He loves to shop for work wear, but the weekend gear?  Not so much.  And after last night's shopping spree, I know why.  I also know why they freak out when we go shopping and come home with an entire outfit.  Their clothes are freaking expensive!!! Only the ugly stuff in ugly colors go on sale and their trends don't change.  Well, they change for the guys into skinny jeans, but I'm sure you have figured out that I am not married to a man wearing skinny jeans.  A shirt, shorts, boxers, and shoes cost more than $200!  Say what!?  Why yes, I would like to apply for that credit card, Mr. Cashier.  Sersioulsy fellas, we can buy a full outfit for under $100.  Easy.  And we usually have really good sales.  See if I let my clothes ride around in the trunk for a week before sneaking them in again.

Well, I wanted to buy him some cute outfits to wear this summer.  I love summer clothes for men.  I love the brightly colored, seer sucker, gingham, and plaids.  They just look so cute in them.  Agree?  So, I went to get him a new outfit to wear to another engagement party this weekend.  I wanted him to feel special since we couldn't do anything special for his birthday this weekend.

Here is the special outfit for the birthday boy...
Above pictured are Ralph Lauren shirt, shorts, and boxers and Sperry Top-Siders.  His shirt is the same blue but with a red Polo Man.  He has lost 3 pairs of Sperry's.  This is his last chance of redemption.  I'm sure he'll choose to wear his loafers though.  He never leaves home without his tassels.  No, the hunky bod in the boxers does not belong to John Eric, but I did leave him so you ladies could have a little eye candy.   (Really I just couldn't bring myself to crop all that hotness for fear of karma.)

So...do you all agree that he will be the cutest thing there?  I do.  Or did I go over board with the matching boxers?  Probably over board, but he loves it!  I asked him to put it on and let me get a picture for the blog.  He showed up in no shirt and an apron.  Hence, no photo of John Eric.

No comments:

Post a Comment