Friday, May 6, 2011

mother's day gifts!!


If you are like 90% of America, you probably haven't gotten a Mother's Day gift for that special mom of yours.  If you are you reading this and thinking you have a week to worry about that, I have bad news for you...Mother's Day is SUNDAY!  If you are freaking out now, catch your breath and finish this post before burning that rubber.  To help you over your last minute hurdles, I have found some easy last minute gifts suitable for all most moms. 

Here is your Last Minute Mother's Day Gift Guide:

The Beach Mom
Clockwise: Sea Life Topped Bottles from Pottery Barn, Sailor Tote from Banyan Hippo on Etsy, Sunhat from Shopbop, Sail Away Cuff from Lilly Pulitzer, Fish Bowl from Pier 1


The Eclectic Mom 
Clockwise: MacKenzie-Childs flower market frame, A Perfectly Kept House is The Sign of a Misspent Life book from Anthropologie, flower measuring cups from Pier 1, Eclectic jewelry box from Pottery Barn, Castaway Ring from Max&Chloe


The Classic Mom 
Clockwise: Traveler's Jewelry Box at Pottery Barn, Bobble Stripe Scarf from GAP, kate spade clutch, Silver-plated locket frame at Pottery Barn

 The Working Mom (aka "The Vicki Gunvalson Mom")
Clockwise: Porcelain desktop clock at MoMA Store, Dooney & Bourke computer sleeve, Chip Paperclip holder at MoMA Store, Pavina porcelain travel mugs at Target, kate spade smartphone hard cover

I hope this is helpful to those tearing through the stores tomorrow!  Another good idea is filling a cute basket with lotions and bath goodies.  My mom personally loves that idea because she always claims "I don't buy that kind of stuff for myself.  I get the generic stuff."  Oh mom, you can still get good generic and inexpensive items, you just don't know what you are looking for (or you left your reading glasses at home again).  But I will keep that secret to myself and continue to let her think I use "all these spa products", as she would say.  I will also keep my fingers crossed that she missed this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment