Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What are you Thankful for?

Thanksgiving is quickly drawing near and, in return, so is the infamous question: What are YOU thankful for?  This year my family will be coming to our home; and ,in return, I am thankful for not having to travel.  Just a little joke, don't get your panties in a wad.  But last night, what I am truly thankful for hit me like a ton of bricks.  I laid in the bed in a whiningly state, sandwiched between the hot bodies of Brice and John Eric swearing I was in Columbia on late July/early August afternoon.
Brice had an awful stench of the stagnant pond found behind our home (no, I don't know why he was allowed on the top half of the bed, but good question) and his breathing was a fast, hard pant.  John Eric tossed and turned and snored and snored and snored...well, you get the picture.  My womanly instincts yelled at me to knee him in the back and climb out of bed.  But surprisingly, an eerily calmness came over me, and I realized...this is it...this is what I am thankful for!  I thought about shouting it and doing a little 'jiggalo' dance, but I figured I would let the boys continue resting.  I am thankful to be tucked away in this Buffamoyer sandwich listening to the beautiful symphony of panting and snoring especially composed for me.  Thankful for my left leg that has fallen asleep because if I move I risk the chance of waking one of them.  Thankful to have these 2 boys who love me so relentlessly.  Thankful for my little family living in our little home that God has so graciously graced us with.  So, next Thursday when the bottle is spun and 'What are you Thankful for' lands on you, really take the time to stop and think of all the little things that you are blessed with.  Wow-ing your fellow 'Thanksgivians' who expect you to say: 'I am thankful for my friends' 'I am thankful for my family' will, for sure, be the least you can expect.

No comments:

Post a Comment