Sunday, April 3, 2011

my so-called hoarding husband

Oh, I got one to make ya'll really laugh.

Tonight, Rivers an d Chasity came over for dinner.  I found myself apologizing over and over for the mess we have in our house.  As you know, we are still stuck with 2 houses and are working on getting mine sold.  Saturday we worked on this the house we live in and today we worked on the house we need to sell.

If I'm ever home longer than an hour at a time (that isn't sleeping time) I try to do some redecorating.  Why constantly redecorate?  That is where the story lies...

John Eric is a man.  He is one of those men who is always on the hunt for a "deal".  Experts call this disease hoarding.  His hoarding comes from his father as does most of the crap he drags home.  Just last weekend he made 10 trips to and from his truck to unload the "wait til you see what I got" items.

As most of you know, you can't just shoot them down send them to Goodwill (my that would be nice).  You have to entertain them and let them believe they found a gem (well, not always).  Then you find yourself faced with the biggest battle: 'How in the hell am I going to make that work in my house?'  So, Saturday I was working on that and hit a road block.  You won't be surprised by my roadblock when you see some of these pictures.  Allow me to share A FEW of his "best" finds...

As you browse, please keep in mind that I am in the middle of shifting things around.  I have to move things out until I can muster up a vision.  And sometimes I have to wait until he's not looking and sneak it out of the house.  We don't really live in an unorganized hoarder house.  Well, not completely.

A skull...we don't live in Texas.

Shells...we have TONS...I can only do so much with this...we don't live at the beach.

He thinks all of his sporting equipment should be displayed vs neatly tucked away into a closet.  He also thinks that every hat he owns should be displayed.



A broken rocking chair because every house needs one of those.

An indian.  He keeps us safe at night.

Not one, but two Bi-Lo roller baskets

Driftwood...



why not stick wine bottles and golf balls in the drift wood?

Speaking of wine bottles...he sees need in holding on to those too.

Deteriorated duck box
(on top of waders that don't fit him...but they were a good find)

A desk chair from the 1800's (maybe) for the desk we don't have

Two random pieces of pine that he still hasn't found anything to do with

A broken stainless steel Coleman cooler because those always work

A Bacardi bar mat!?!?

Some poker card dispenser chip holder thing & some fire man sign

Last, but not least, the antenna from the 90's that he refuses to take off the house in case we ever need it.  I'm sure Bill Gates won't be able to find a better solution.  Insert confused face.


I know, some (meaning like 3) of things aren't so bad.  But they are so bad when you don't have a man cave or beach house but only a 3 bedroom home.  And don't worry, its just a matter of time before these items disappear one by one.  "How about that!  Someone else had the same thing and donated it to His House. I can't believe it either.  No, we don't need another one."  WINK!

The best part about this blog is John Eric looked at my pictures and didn't think I did him justice, so he went around and took more.  The first step is Admitting.

2 comments:

  1. These pictures make us look like complete rednecks. We aren't complete rednecks. Just slightly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete