Thursday, April 21, 2011

window shopping thursday, anyone?

Yes I have been slack lately.  This is I know.  But I must admit, of all things, I miss Window Shopping Wednesday the most.  I've skipped out on it lately because I promised myself (and my wallet) starting this Spring I would wear clothes out of my closet.  To my surprise (and John Eric’s) I have done just that.  But who doesn’t love a little window shopping?  Everybody say 'I'.

This weekend’s festivities consist of a bridal shower Saturday afternoon followed by the engagement party Saturday night.  I, personally, pulled out half of my closet last night and was able to pull together some outfits and even find a dress for Easter Sunday.  But I still can’t resist looking to see what is out there…there’s no harm in looking, right?

As an excuse I shall live vicariously through Madison.  Last Saturday we were talking about what we might wear this weekend and whether or not to wear the same outfit to both events (since they are in the same day).  That seems easy enough, right?  After much discussion we realized it really isn’t.  One is a girly, day-time, springy, garden party type affair and the latter is a casual celebration of eating, drinking, and dancing.  Naturally, I was browsing the online catalogs and found what would be the perfect day to night outfit for the ever-so-slender, long-legged Madison. 

First, I found the core of the outfit which would be the dress.


Daytime Sparrow Cinch Dress
Available at Buckle

Second, I think it needs a belt to break up the all over print.
Leather Chain Belt
Available at Gap


For the daytime add a cute pair of innocent, flat sandals and your daintier jewelry.
Bernardo Mojito
Zappos.com
Then for night switch it up with a sassy heel and add a denim jacket since it's still cool when the sun goes down.

Antonio Melani "Layla" Sandals
Available at Dillards

Some cute accessories...


Juicy Couture Kissing Birds Ring
 

Hive & Honey Leaf Hinged Bracelet
 
Happy Thursday (my Friday)!

No comments:

Post a Comment