Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happy Banukkah

I’ve wanted to write a brief synopsis about this past weekend, but I haven’t been able to find the time until now.  I also wanted to wait until Lauren and Sloan posted some pictures so I could steal and use them for my blog!  Sneaky, sneaky me. 

Friday I headed down to Cherry Grove to have some much needed time with some friends and celebrate John Hanna’s Birthday!!!  Betty Cox-Smith says his birthday must be equivalent to Hanukkah since we are celebrating 8 days early.  Had I been as clever as Ms. Betty I would have prepared myself with a Menorah centerpiece for the weekend.  Don’t you worry…I will be properly equipped for next year’s Banukkah celebration.

John Grainger Hanna’s 26th Banukkah was a success if I say so myself.  Lauren, Anna, Sloan, and I did our best to commemorate such a milestone.  Only John would think of 26 as a major milestone – in his mind it is time to amp up the anti-wrinkle defense, although I have yet to find a crevice in that lovely face of his. And the little red hat (his reference to his hair on a good day) doesn’t seem to have a glimmer of gray either.  26 was not that good to me and 27 isn’t looking promising either in the aging category.  But I view my fine lines as good memories and my few greys as a good excuse to keep my hair hi-lighted.  The husband doesn't seem to argue with that, but I haven’t quite gotten him on the botox bandwagon.  He says I watch too much of that "Bravo Housewives crap".  With a sigh I say he's probably right.

Woah…talk about a tangent.  Enough about me.  I’d rather talk about others, it’s the Southern way.  Like John Hanna says, "if you have nothing nice to say, come sit by me."  So...Saturday we prepared some hors o’doeuvres and birthday cupcakes to celebrate the 2nd day of Banukkah.  We started with a cocktail hour (or 3…actually 5 if you count prep time drinking) before heading to Fat Harold’s for some shagging.  Allow me share some pictures...

The Hostesses: Me, Sloan, Lauren, & Anna

Our setup - we did out best with what we had


A party isn't complete without presents


The hand painted pot I made for Mr. John Grainger Hanna


The hand painted wine glass I made him.  The back has his signature quote.
I can do these in most monogram styles

Will, Charles, Kevin, & JGH


The night couldn't get started without singing Happy Birthday
and blowing out a candle

How was Fat Harold's you ask?  Let's just say a certain someone was a few crow calls away from getting too personal with the landscaping.

No comments:

Post a Comment