Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Welcome to Window Shopping Wednesday

Wednesday’s are always kind of…well, blah (for lack of a better word).  Wednesday is like the middle child – not the first, not the last, just the dependable one stuck in the middle that doesn’t give you something to talk about.  I often find that a teensy bit of panic starts to hit me on this so-called Hump Day.  What is there to panic about on a Wednesday?  What to wear this weekend, DUH!

On that note, I have decided to try a new thing called Window Shopping Wednesday.  Doesn’t this sound exciting!?  Well it is to me!  We can’t have it all & we must work 40+ hours a week, so why not live vicariously through the internet?

Yes, I admit I am a major window shopper.  I surf and surf to see what I like and where I can find the best deal.  I very rarely actually buy but looking at what I want and putting it in a virtual cart makes me feel like I am making a purchase.  Or maybe I'm slightly obsessed with finding the perfect outfit to fit every occassion.  Either way, I let the cart sit there all day until I have talked myself out of clicking the ‘check out’ button.  It kind of feels like beating an addiction (well how I would imagine that would feel).  I refuse to believe that I am the only woman out there that does this.  Ahh…the bliss of retail therapy. 

Ok, here we go…the shopping adventures of Jean Marie’s wonderland…

My mind says: What are we doing this weekend?  I guess we are staying in town and will work on the houses.  Well, we were supposed to go to The Trials.  If we go, what should I wear?  What screams redneck version of The Cup?  I’ll Google the weather.  Yuck, the high is 80 with a 30% chance of isolated thunder storms.  AKA don’t wear jeans and plan to wear your hair up unless you plan on giving a Tina Turner concert.  I’m thinking a casual shirtdress (maybe I’ll belt it) and cowboy boots.  The boots could get hot, but I don’t want to tromp around through the mud or dust in any of my sandals.  Lets see what I can find.




MICHAEL Michael Kors Shirtdress
Dillard's

Motif 56 Leeora Belt
Zappos.com

add a little glitz with a simple bracelet...
Ben-Amun Gold Royalty Charm Bracelet
Max&Chloe

Hop in my boots, add Ray-Ban aviators, and I'm ready to go.  Any other suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment